I am in the process of installing PeopleSoft HR 9.0 in a VMWare instance for development. I hope to give more details later in case I ever need to do any of this later on.
Here is what I started with:
- Windows 2003 Server installed in VMWare
- PeopleSoft HR 8.9/PeopleTools 8.46 installed
- Oracle 9.2 installed
I uninstalled the PeopleSoft, Weblogic, and Oracle database to get back to just a basic Windows installation.
Everything is installed on the same virtual computer because this is just for testing and development. So, I am not worried about connections to/from any other computers with this instance. The PeopleSoft is a demo database so that we have some test data.
Here is what I have installed:
- Oracle 10g
- PeopleTools 8.49
- PeopleSoft HR 9.0
- Tuxedo 9.1
- Oracle SOA Suite
Here are some of the problems that I have had:
- Hard drive space — originally, the PeopleSoft fit on a 25 Gigabyte hard drive; I had to add another 80 Gigabyte drive for this version.
- Tuxedo Version: PeopleTools 8.48 will install with Tuxedo 8.1; PeopleTools 8.49 requires Tuxedo 9.1
- Services automatically starting: still working on this one (database, application server, process scheduler)
- Creating the PeopleSoft database (modifying scripts, running out of hard drive space, restarting the install, etc.)
I will try to blog what I have learned as I get time and as I work through the problems I still have left. Please let me know if there is anything in particular you are interested in in the meantime.