Here is my Init Ora file for the database of my VMWare image. Hope this helps if you are attempting something similar. This is what I finally got to work during installation.
DB_NAME = hcm90
DB_FILES = 1021
CONTROL_FILES = (E:\oradata\hcm90\CONTROL01.CTL,
OPEN_CURSORS = 255
db_block_size = 8192
UNDO_MANAGEMENT = AUTO
shared_pool_size = 72265318
Note: I am still trying to get the shared pool size to a good number. I have lowered it considerably, but before I post that, I need to work out the kinks. I had to have the shared pool size at 72,265,318 in order to get it to install. When I had it set lower, I got an error message about memory.