Technical development for PeopleSoft PeopleTools:
- Online Development
- Server Administration
The goal of this blog is three-fold:
- Documenting Things I Learn: in case I have to do it again
- Share My Knowledge: in case others happen to attempt the things that I do
- Networking: bulding a network of readers or acquaintances
I am a PeopleSoft Technical Consultant. I work for a small consulting firm who places me in contracts that generally have started as short term but have extended much longer.
I started my life with computers in middle school. My programming started in eighth grade with Visual Basic. For college, I got a computer science degree, and then, I started programming contracts. At first, I was using Java, but then, I worked my way into SQR and finally PeopleTools.
Here are some of the topics that I have had experience with:
- SQR: Worked on numerous SQR reports and processes for an HR Management company. The biggest was a Benefits reconciliation process.
- PeopleTools: Created numerous run controls, online pages for self-service, interfaces
- Application Engine: Created and maintained interfaces, etc.
- Component Interface: Created programs to load data into the Tax Data screens, Applicants, Person Data, Visa Data, User Profile/Security. Created programs to hire people in batch. Accessed component interfaces from Online PeopleCode and from Application Engine programming.
- System Administration: Installed HCM90, HCM91, PeopleTools 8.49, PeopleTools 8.50, Financials Demo systems. Maintained systems with Tax Updates and Bundles. Trained a technical team in System Administration tasks such as cloning and refreshing instances.
- Conversion: Built a Framework for converting from POISE, which stores data in VSAM files. Built a framework that could easily launch Application Engine programs in specified order to copy the data into the PeopleSoft tables.
- Training: Taught on-site courses in PeopleTools I, PeopleTools II, SQR, Application Engine, PeopleCode, etc.
- Linux Sagas: My journeys into the Open Source world with Linux and other open source programs and technologies.
- Digital Eagle: My personal ramblings, etc.